CDFinder 5.7.2 released!
17 May 2011 Placed in: Release
The new CDFinder 5.7.2 now catalogs Adobe InDesign CS5 and 5.5, and has lots of other improvements, too!
We are very happy to release this amazing update. It fixes all the little things that crept up during the past year, and even adds valuable new features.
And yes, something very big is coming later, too!
Everything new in CDFinder 5.7.2:
• CDFinder now catalogs thumbnails of Adobe InDesign CS5 and 5.5 documents, too
• The Eject menu now also includes externally connected Thunderbolt, USB, and FireWire drives, and also the icon of each volume
• Added RAW cataloging support for ".erf" (Espon), ".3fr" (Hasselblad) and ".mef" (Mamiya) photos in Mac OS X 10.6
• CDFinder now creates thumbnails of JPG-2000 photos, too (name suffix .jp2)
• Improved Find speed when getting more than 5000 hits
• You can now get the thumbnail of a Found Item with AppleScript
• FileCheck values are now exported as well
• Cataloging of QuickTime movie files with external references won't create error messages anymore
• Catalogs created by Roxio Toast now get a proper serial number as all other catalogs
• Exporting now ensures that IPTC tags won't add stray Returns to the text file
• Finally fixes the long standing error -43 when deleting catalogs from a database folder on certain file servers
• Fixes a problem reading the ID3 tags of certain MP3 file
• Fixes a problem cataloging certain NTFS disks
• Fixes a problem of properly sorting catalog names in the list views
• Fixes a problem cataloging certain TIFF files
• The DiskLibrary Importer can now be used from the Import selector window, too. Previously, only dragging the database file into CDFinder worked
This is a free update to existing CDFinder 5.x users.
For users of CDFinder 4.x and earlier, we offer the update for a small update fee.