CDFinder 5.7 - Better Cataloging and Geotagging
01 Februar 2010 Placed in: Release
The new CDFinder 5.7 now catalogs better than ever, and has built-in geotagging!
Watch a video covering all the cool new features.
CDFinder 5.7 has these new features:
- Cataloging Thumbnails of Adobe InDesign, Microsoft PowerPoint, Quark XPress, Apple Keynote and Pages files
- Cataloging FLAC song files (Free Lossless Audio Codec) and ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) song files, including all metadata, lyrics, and even cover art
- Cataloging of movie files is much more robust, adds ".3gp", and creates better thumbnails in many cases
- Thumbnails of Adobe Illustrator files are created even if the file is not "PDF compatible"
- Cataloging previews of text files! The first 256 characters of Microsoft Word documents(.doc and .docx), RTF (Rich Text Format), TXT, “.textClipping”, and NFO files are read, saved, displayed, and of course searched
- Geotagging directly with CDFinder! Use either the current position of Google Earth, or the location in CDFinders own GeoFinder, and write that GPS coordinate into your photos
- A new Automator action allows you to catalog or update and disk or folder automatically, or even time scheduled with the iCal calendar!
- New Japanese translation by Dr. Wilhelm. Domo Arigato!
- Export photos directly within CDFinder! Select a couple of photos in CDFinder, use the "Export Photos to..." context menu, choose the format and size, done
- Updating of very large catalogs (with more than 1 million files) is more than twice as fast, and more so on slow machines
- QuickLook for any online files will now work in Snow Leopard (10.6) as well as in Leopard (10.5). Just hit the space bar for any selected item in a CDFinder catalog. If the original item is online, CDFinder will open the QuickLook window for you
This is a free update to existing CDFinder 5.x users.