Introducing NeoFinder 7.0
Some of the new and amazing features include:
- New clean and dark or white user interface
- NeoFinder can now directly edit Adobe XMP (IPTC) metadata, both internal (for supported file formats) and external sidecar XMP
- NeoFinder now supports Ratings for photo, video, and prepress files. Both in cataloging, and in editing and searching
- NeoFinder now fully supports editing XMP Keywords, including a controlled vocabulary list of all your keywords
- Edit keywords, ratings, and XMP fields for multiple selected items at once
- Previews of audio files (NeoFinder is again the first tool to even offer this). Generate 5, 10, 15, 20 or 30 second sound snippets, and play them in the Inspector
- New Details View is a mix of List View and Icon view with more details
- New Cataloging engine that is 20% faster, and can handle more modern file systems better
- New Database engine with improved performance
- Catalog Backblaze B2 storage buckets directly from within NeoFinder (requires Mac OS X 10.9 or newer)
- Put your catalogs in the web with the new Web Gallery for a nice HTML web export (Business License) with details page and thumbnails, both in Icon and List style
- Groups for Smart Folders and Albums: Organise your Albums and Smart Folders in groups, and even put groups into groups
- Compare pictures, and find similar motives, or different versions of the same image
- Get place name information for items with a Geotag, and optionally write this into the image
- New extended database file format that can handle much more than 4 GB of data per cataloged volume
- New Item menu in the main menu bar puts Ratings, Labels, and other item related options in one central place
- NeoFinder now remembers your Cataloging Preferences inside of each catalog, and uses them for an Update. You can edit them in the Inspector
- AutoUpdater also uses the saved Cataloging Preferences, and allows you to change them
- New View Settings window with optional 13pt font size, and all options for the four different View styles
- List View now has all the IPTC/XMP columns, too
- Thumbnails of photos and movies and now be 1024, 2048, and even 4096 px in size! This requires the new, extended catalog format to be activated
- New XML export with optional thumbnails (Business License)
- The Icon View now has a second line of text with helpful details for every file and folder
And a LOT more!
We can offer you this amazing new upgrade for a very low price
NeoFinder 7.0 is available today! Download the demo or buy a license or an update now.
NeoFinder 7 is a paid upgrade for NeoFinder 6.x and CDFinder customers More...
NeoFinder requires Mac OS X 10.7 or newer. If you use an older Mac OS X, we still have older NeoFinder and CDFinder versions for you.
Announcing Backblaze B2 cloud cataloging support in NeoFinder for Mac!
We have been working together with the nice people from Backblaze, to add this unique ability to catalog Backblaze B2 buckets in NeoFinder without the need of any other software.
“I was pleased by how elegant and simple, yet powerful the Backblaze B2 developers interface (API) is.…The biggest open issue remaining – and a quite happy problem indeed – is to figure out new and exciting ways to leverage that power for cool new features in the future for NeoFinder on both Mac and iOS platforms.” Norbert M. Doerner, developer of NeoFinder
Directly log into your B2 with NeoFinder, and catalog any of your buckets there.
This is part of the upcoming NeoFinder 7.0, but we can provide you a developer Preview with this feature already enabled. If you are interested in this, please contact us, as we are still looking for beta testers for this!
More about this incredible new feature in the NeoFinder Users Guide.
Announcing NeoFinder for
After more than two years of development effort, we are incredibly proud to announce NeoFinder for iOS!
NeoFinder is the very first tool of this kind to offer your digital media catalogs "to go" on your iPhone or iPad!
about to launch the Beta Test, so if you are a licensed NeoFinder or
abeMeda for Windows user, and you wish to take your catalogs with you
on your iPhone or iPad, please contact us, we still have a couple
of spots open for the Beta Test.
NeoFinder for iOS will:
- Display the catalogs you have loaded into your iPhone or iPad
- Download catalogs from a Dropbox account
- Search catalogs
- Display all Inspector details for a selected item, including embedded GPS, EXIF, IPTC, ID3 data, thumbnails, text previews, music lyrics, cover art, and all the stuff you are used to see in NeoFinder Mac and abeMeda for Windows
- Geosearch for photos and movies on a map
Only NeoFinder for iOS will allow you to search your NeoFinder catalogs on the iPhone or iPad, wherever you are!
NeoFinder for iOS will be officially released after the successful Beta Test and after Apple has approved it for its store. Stay tuned!
Today, we are proud to report that our certification has shown that NeoFinder 6.0.1 works fine in Apples new operating system, Mac OS X 10.8, nicknamed “Mountain Lion”. Roar!
There is one tiny visual glitch regarding the “Plus” button in the lower left corner of the main window, but that isn’t really a show stopper now, is it?
Everything else works as fine as it did in Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7.
So NeoFinder runs in four major OS releases from Apple!
The old CDFinder PDF Users Guide is currently being rewritten for NeoFinder.
In the process, we are switching from the static PDF to a more flexible online, web based form.
New chapters are added every day, and you can even follow this process here:
Enjoy, and send us feedback!
Your NeoFinder Team.
32 Months of hard work
179 Exciting New Features
1 New Name
After 16 years, we really had to drop the "CD" in the name of CDFinder, even though we really grew fond of it.
But since everything is new in that cool version 6.0, we went for the new name NeoFinder!
NeoFinder is fully rewritten in Cocoa, has a beautiful new interface, and a LOT to offer.
Some of the new and amazing features include:
- New Icon
- Everything in one window, but you can of course view catalogs, folders, or albums in separate windows for much better workflow as well
- New Column mode, to complete Icon and List mode
- Fully integrated Inspector
- Fully integrated map with GeoFinder
- New Wikipedia Inspector for items with GPS geotags
- Super-fast multi-core Find engine
- Smart Folders
- New powerful Find Editor has more options
- Albums, to keep interesting items together
- Better Browser-like navigation
- Massively improved Audio-CD cataloging: Reads ISRC, MCN, and CD-TEXT from the disk, uses MusicBrainz for track titles
- New Importers for Canto Cumulus and MediaDex CRE files, for WhereIsIt for Windows XML files, DiskCatalogMaker Export files, and Tolis BRU Tape Backup report files
- Importer for iView MediaPro and Expression Media XML files now integrated
- NeoFinder now catalogs, displays, and searches OpenMeta keywords!
- AutoUpdater: Update your catalogs with a time schedule (requires business License)
- Faster cataloging of photos
And a LOT more!
We can offer you this amazing new update for a very low price
NeoFinder is available today! Download the demo or buy a license or an update now.
Now you can follow the CDFinder development team on Facebook and Twitter!
On Twitter, you will find fresh and up-to-date comments about Apple development and related stuff, even some personal remarks of the chief CDFinder developer, Norbert M. Doerner.
On Facebook, find longer, and more in-depth stuff regarding CDFinder and related topics.
Of course, we appreciate your feedback in both social networks!
CDFinder on Twitter:
CDFinder on Facebook:
Additionally, the wonderful people at M.A.C.S. have updated their previous review of CDFinder to cover the latest version 5.6. Read the entire review. CDFinder gets the full 5-Clicks rating: "CDFinder is a well-written, self-contained program which does its job very well." The entire CDFinder team is really proud to hear that, and we appreciate this very much!!!
Written by CDFinder developer Norbert M. Doerner, the article covers the addition of GPS data to digital photos, all the software and hardware needed, and how that additional information can be used by CDFinder to finally organize your ever increasing photo collection.
If you are further interested in this topic, the CDFinder web site already contains additional useful information (here).
It has been a great pleasure to hold these presentations! Both sessions were received very warmly by the audience, and a lot of interesting questions came up and were answered swiftly.
(If you are also running a Macintosh User Group, we can arrange a presentation at your group as well, or provide licenses for your raffles. Please contact us.)
Inside Mac Radio host Scott Sheppard talks with Doerner about the cool GeoFinder feature in CDFinder, which allows photographers to use GPS coordinates embedded in photos to quickly search for images taken at a specific point. The interview goes on about how CDFinder can help anyone to keep their precious data structured and organized, and how the popular cataloger tool can quickly find any data on any disk you have.
Here is the full interview as free podcast in the iTunes store.
The entire CDFinder team is very proud about this exciting interview!