The fast and efficient disk cataloger and archiver.
Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Intel- or PowerPC-Macs
Older CDFinder versions for Mac OS 9, 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4 are also still available
Updates from CDFinder?
All CDFinder licenses sold in 2011 receive a free update: Request free update
Or buy an update here.
All updates require a valid CDFinder user license of the same number of users (or for a cross-grade, a valid license of the other product)
Updates for all other license packs in any size are available, please contact us for an offer!
New Features in CDFinder 5.7Video Tutorial (7:35)
Product Technical Details:
- Catalog: any hard disk, data folder, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Blu-ray, HD-DVD, iPod, Server Volume, Audio-CD, USB-Stick, FTP-Server, and more
- Power: Handle really large amounts of data
- Networkable: Share your NeoFinder database in your entire workgroup (requires a Business License)
- Cross-platform: with abeMeda (NeoFinder for Windows), you can use one database for both worlds!
- Photo Previews: Create beautiful thumbnails for many photo and image formats, such as JPG, TIFF, EPS, RAW, PDF, PSD, BMP, GIF, PNG, TGA, IFF (Maya)
- Movie Thumbnails: For many video files that are supported by QuickTime and possible Plugins, such as: avi, mov, mp4, m4v, mpg, flv, mkv, and so on. NeoFinder doesn’t get the boring first frame of a movie, but a frame from around 20% of the duration of the file. Elgato EyeTV recordings are cataloged, including EPG metadata
- Document Thumbnails: Get useful thumbnails for Microsoft Powerpoint, Apple Keynote, Apple Pages, Adobe InDesign, and Quark XPress documents
- Text Previews: Get excerpts of text documents, such as Microsoft Word, RTF, TXT, and NFO formats, and even HTML!
- Audio Meta Data: MP3, AAC (iTunes), FLAC (Free Lossless Audio codec), ALAC (Apple Lossless) and AIFF meta data: author, album, title, composer, lyrics, cover art, track number, duration, bit rate, genre, year, comment. Even catalogs whole Audio-CDs, and the new Apple iPhone ringtone files!
- Photo Meta Data: XMP (used by Adobe Bridge), EXIF and IPTC meta data (including GPS geotags), and JPG, TIFF, PICT and BMP photo details
- Movie Meta Data: get the dimension, duration, codec and frame rate out of movie files, supporting AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, MPG, 3PG, and M4V
- Geotagging GPS support: NeoFinder catalogs and displays GPS EXIF tags of photos and iPhone movies, and has direct links to Google Earth, Flickr, Panoramio, Google Maps and MapQuest. NeoFinder can even search for photos that were taken near any location (GeoFinder), and export GPS data to KMZ files. Or just geotag you photos directly with NeoFinder
- Workflow Integration: Automatically catalog all discs burned by Roxio Toast; Drag any image directly from NeoFinder into applications like Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Apple Pages, Microsoft Office, and much more
- Find it! Best Find functions in the market, and of course offline browsing of all your volumes - even in multiple windows, if you want to
- Spotlight Integration: Search your local disks with Spotlight and as well as your catalogs from inside NeoFinder
- Import Catalogs: These sixteen formats are supported: Canto Cumulus and MediaDex (CRE files), WhereIsIt (Windows, XML), DiskCatalogMaker (Text export), TOLIS Group BRU, DiskLibrary, Disk Recall, DiskWizard, Iomega FindIt, Portents DiskTracker (1.x and 2.x), Catalogue, CatFinder, "Neometric" Catalog , Broken Cross Disk Manager (Windows, XML), Advanced Disk Catalog (ADC for Windows, XML), iView MediaPro and Microsoft Expression Media (XML export)
- Fast and really easy to use, see screenshots
- Automatically Update catalogs with a time schedule! (Auto-Updater requires Business License)
- Export and print catalog data
- Insight: Look inside archive files: ZIP, TAR, .rar, StuffIt (.sit and even .sitx), and others, even Disk Image contents
- International: English, German, Japanese, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch user interface, all in one application
- Unicode compatible: Use NeoFinder to catalog file names of any language
- AppleScript: Integrate NeoFinder with FileMaker Pro or any other application, or extend the abilities of NeoFinder
- Extend your NeoFinder catalog database by using five custom fields for any content you need
- FileCheck: NeoFinder can generate an industrial strength MD5 checksum for every file being cataloged
- AutoMount: NeoFinder automatically mounts every server volume you have cataloged or updated for you! And you can of course also ask NeoFinder to mount the volume for you at any time, using the context menu
- QuickLook: Open a QuickLook window for any selected online file(s) right from inside NeoFinder! (Leopard and Snow Leopard)
- Cross-Grade: you already bought a different catalog or media asset manager application, ask us for a good offer!
- Free email support
Macwelt, Germany's largest Macintosh magazine, has tested CDFinder 5 in issue December 2007 and found it to be very good!
M.A.C.S (Macintosh Asheville Computer Society, USA) writes in a lengthy review:
"And not just ANY cataloger program but a very good one: "CDFinder".
It's $30 price is well-worth the investment. Integrate it into your backup procedure and it will not only keep track of every file and folder for you but will reveal any item's location in an instant."
Ogle Earth "So what happens when the developer, Germany’s Norbert Doerner, gets bitten by the geotagging bug? Why, he turns CDFinder into a geosearch marvel. You just know this stuff is eventually going to make it into operating systems by default, it’s just that it will take ages."
More editorial reviews...
NeoFinder is the only Mac cataloging software that can do all of this:
- import 16 catalog file types of other applications
- read and actually use exhaustive photo and audio meta data, including IPT, XMP, and EXIF, as well as all GPS geotags
- GeoFinder: search for photos or movies that were taken in any distance to a specific location!
- catalog the contents of 7 different archive formats, including disk image files
- catalog Audio-CDs
- use AppleScript to integrate NeoFinder smoothly into your existing workflow
- also search your local data with Spotlight
- find your data based on every available meta data piece that NeoFinder can catalog
- Automatically Update catalogs with a time schedule (Auto-Updater)
- be used in a cross-platform network with CDWinder for Windows
- be easily integrated into FileMaker Pro solutions
- generate and verify FileCheck values to ensure your data safety
"I'm running it as our main studio filing system for hundreds of CDs in our archives and I just wanted to say that I am really pleased with it." Jonathan J, Australia
"CDFinder is the best!" John C., USA
"CDFinder is excellent! I run a small business which requires recovering files from Archives Regularly. CDFinder helps me do this effortlessly and quickly. Thanks to the team for making such an excellent, effective and affordable product!" Nathan, New Zealand
"I've been using CDFinder for quite a few years and it just keeps getting better and better. It really is the most useful utility I've ever purchased, and of course as virtually all my work is digital nowadays, having a storage cataloguing and retrieval system that works seamlessly is vital. Thanks especially for your ongoing development work. Very much appreciated." Jonathan, Tasmania, Australia
"You should see the face of my clients when I retrieve one of their jobs (sometimes over years old) within the space of less then one minutes!!!! Brilliant and simple program!" Serge Van D., Australia
"Thanks to Norbert for a elegant program - I am impressed with the import facility for our 440 Catalogue files and the well crafted applescripts." Diana M., USA
"I originally found your software hunting for something to catalog our CDs we used for archiving. That was at the last print shop I worked at. Now I am running a prep department at another shop. Your software was one of my 1st purchases. I came into a shop that has had explosive growth and the system used here was antiquated to say the least. Again CD Finder is tops, I use it all the time." Mike B., USA
"We're delighted in your level of service & expertise. I found the software yesterday and only expected to be up in running in a few weeks time, but thanks to your brilliant systems, we're operational and just loving your user-friendly system." René, South Africa
"It is AMAZING how much better my files are organized, and how much easier it is to find things (and FAST!) now that I have CDFinder. I thought I was fairly well-organized before. Well, your program ROCKS! Thank you!!!" Wilma K., USA
"An amazing piece of software.....as a photographer I have tons of files to track..." Jim L., USA
More customer reviews...